Why is my security alarm system beeping?
There could be a few different reasons for a continuous beep from the security system keypad. Don't ignore them as they often signal a fault or problems in the alarm system.
Firstly you should consult the troubleshooting guide of the system manual if you have one and follow the manufacturer fault finding directions. Many of these manuals are available online if you don't have a hard copy at home.
Common alarm problems
If your keypad has a display screen information about the issue is often shown here.
Common causes of beeping are:
- low battery issues or recharge problems
- loss of mains power
- landline phone connection problems
- the alarm has been activated and the siren has timed out
- a fault in the alarm system.
If you cannot resolve the issue or it's found to be an electrical problem contact your security repair specialist or a licenced electrician.
Please note: if your alarm is monitored ensure you contact the monitoring company before disconnecting or carrying out work on the system. They can sometimes troubleshoot issues or help with diagnosing solutions as well.
Need help with alarm problems in Brisbane? Give our team a call on 07 3353 3248 or book in a service today.BOOK ALARM SERVICE
- Are dummy security cameras worth using?
- Are home security cameras a deterrent?
- Can CCTV cameras work without electricity?
- Can I have a security alarm without a landline?
- Can I have a security system in a house with pets?
- Choosing between Bosch 3000 or Bosch 6000 security system?
- DIY vs professionally installed security system
- Essential features of security cameras to consider when choosing a surveillance system
- How a security system can affect insurance costs
- How does alarm monitoring work?
- How does home security monitoring work?
- How long can a burglar alarm sound?
- How long does an alarm system backup battery last?
- How much does a security system cost?
- How to disarm my security alarm?
- Things you need to know if you're replacing the alarm battery
- What are the components of a home security system?
- What happens when your home alarm goes off?
- What happens when your security alarm system goes off when you’re out?
- What is an IP security camera?
- Where should alarm monitors be placed?
- Where should I place security cameras for the best protection?
- Which security system is best for my home?
- Who uses a duress alarm?
- Why is my security alarm system beeping?
- Why is security monitoring important?
- Wired or wireless security, which is better?