Who uses a duress alarm?
Duress alarms or personal alarms have many uses they can be used by:
Personal alarms for the elderly or infirm
Personal alarms are often used in assisted living estates, nursing homes, and by older residents still living in their own homes. The wearable alarms can alert help if an elderly person falls, has mobility issues, or needs urgent assistance.
The monitoring of this style of alarm can be carried out by on-call nursing, professional personal alarm monitoring centre, aged care assistants, the ambulance service (for emergencies), or a friend or relative depending on the needs of the person and the living situation.
Medically at-risk persons
Many individuals with medical issues or a health condition may require a quick and easy way of calling for help in an urgent or emergency medical situation. A personal alarm provides a one-touch system to call for assistance.
The small alarm device is usually worn by the individual around the neck or on the wrist so it is within reach at all times.
Keeping lone workers safe
Duress alarms can keep staff working in isolated situations safe and monitored. Many jobs require staff to travel or work in remote environments which presents a level of risk if something goes wrong. A duress alarm can provide instant contact with the relevant support if a dangerous or emergency situation arises.
Staff working in dangerous situations
Personal alarms, often called man-down alarms, for employees working in dangerous or at-risk situations provide contact with support networks or instant back up. Dangerous work situations can be anything from trades or construction to working with hazardous equipment or substances, or public services with potential for violence.
Find out more in our article on personal alarms - How does a duress alarm work?
Need help with personal safety alarms in Brisbane? Give our team a call on 07 3353 3248 or book in a service today.BOOK ALARM SERVICE
- Are dummy security cameras worth using?
- Are home security cameras a deterrent?
- Can CCTV cameras work without electricity?
- Can I have a security alarm without a landline?
- Can I have a security system in a house with pets?
- Choosing between Bosch 3000 or Bosch 6000 security system?
- DIY vs professionally installed security system
- Essential features of security cameras to consider when choosing a surveillance system
- How a security system can affect insurance costs
- How does alarm monitoring work?
- How does home security monitoring work?
- How long can a burglar alarm sound?
- How long does an alarm system backup battery last?
- How much does a security system cost?
- How to disarm my security alarm?
- Things you need to know if you're replacing the alarm battery
- What are the components of a home security system?
- What happens when your home alarm goes off?
- What happens when your security alarm system goes off when you’re out?
- What is an IP security camera?
- Where should alarm monitors be placed?
- Where should I place security cameras for the best protection?
- Which security system is best for my home?
- Who uses a duress alarm?
- Why is my security alarm system beeping?
- Why is security monitoring important?
- Wired or wireless security, which is better?