Which security system is best for my home?
Each property has a unique layout and design which means there isn't a one-size-fits-all solution for every home security system. Each system must be customised to provide the best protection for your individual property.
Tips to ensure you get the perfect security system
Choosing the right security alarm system for your needs doesn't have to be difficult.
- Quotes - get at least two quotes and design ideas from licenced security installers.
- Price - don't always be guided by price - you may pay a bit more for reliable components from reputable brands but the system will last a lot longer reducing costs in the long term.
- Research - do a bit of research yourself - having a vague idea of what you need from your security set up, eg cameras, motion sensors, which areas need coverage, etc, as well reading some reviews on the main brands will ensure the company quoting includes everything needed to protect your home.
- Areas of attention - note any particular areas which may need extra attention - such as doors or windows in areas obscured by trees and bushes, or a back gate accessed from a quiet alley.
- Special requirements - ensure the alarm components do what you need them to - Have pets? You'll need motion sensors which are pet-friendly. Want to keep an eye on your home in the dark? You'll need infrared security cameras or ones with night vision capabilities.
- Professional advice - take advice from the security professionals - they have designed security systems for many homes just like yours and can instantly spot vulnerable areas or potential entryways an intruder could use.
Read our blog post on What makes a good home alarm system? for more ideas.
Want to get started but not sure how?
Speak to our experienced team about the design and installation of the perfect security system to protect your family and home on 07 3353 3248 or request a quote online today.BOOK ALARM QUOTE
- Are dummy security cameras worth using?
- Are home security cameras a deterrent?
- Can CCTV cameras work without electricity?
- Can I have a security alarm without a landline?
- Can I have a security system in a house with pets?
- Choosing between Bosch 3000 or Bosch 6000 security system?
- DIY vs professionally installed security system
- Essential features of security cameras to consider when choosing a surveillance system
- How a security system can affect insurance costs
- How does alarm monitoring work?
- How does home security monitoring work?
- How long can a burglar alarm sound?
- How long does an alarm system backup battery last?
- How much does a security system cost?
- How to disarm my security alarm?
- Things you need to know if you're replacing the alarm battery
- What are the components of a home security system?
- What happens when your home alarm goes off?
- What happens when your security alarm system goes off when you’re out?
- What is an IP security camera?
- Where should alarm monitors be placed?
- Where should I place security cameras for the best protection?
- Which security system is best for my home?
- Who uses a duress alarm?
- Why is my security alarm system beeping?
- Why is security monitoring important?
- Wired or wireless security, which is better?