What happens when your home alarm goes off?
When the home security alarm is triggered, whether it is from an intruder, the cat, or the curtains blowing in a breeze, a very loud internal or external siren will sound. Often systems are fitted with both internal and external sirens to alert those inside and outside the home.
Alarm siren and strobe light
If your alarm is fitted with a strobe light on the external siren it will light up and flash.
The siren will usually sound for around 5 to 10 minutes. The light will continue to flash until the alarm is rearmed or disarmed, this warns residents that the alarm has been activated while they were out if no monitoring systems are in place.
The keypad display will usually indicate which zone/s or sensor/s were triggered. If the sensors are activated again after the siren times out the alarm will sound again.
Depending on your alarm monitoring system you will receive a notification that the alarm has been activated to your self-monitoring system via the app on your mobile device. Alternatively, if your alarm is monitored by a professional back to base centre the monitoring centre will be notified of the activation and your pre-set list of instructions will be actioned. (More on this here - How does home security monitoring work?)
For more information
- What happens when the alarm is triggered?
- What happens if the security alarm goes off when you're out?
Need help with your home alarm system in Brisbane? Give our team a call on 07 3353 3248 or book in an alarm service today.BOOK ALARM SERVICE
- Are dummy security cameras worth using?
- Are home security cameras a deterrent?
- Can CCTV cameras work without electricity?
- Can I have a security alarm without a landline?
- Can I have a security system in a house with pets?
- Choosing between Bosch 3000 or Bosch 6000 security system?
- DIY vs professionally installed security system
- Essential features of security cameras to consider when choosing a surveillance system
- How a security system can affect insurance costs
- How does alarm monitoring work?
- How does home security monitoring work?
- How long can a burglar alarm sound?
- How long does an alarm system backup battery last?
- How much does a security system cost?
- How to disarm my security alarm?
- Things you need to know if you're replacing the alarm battery
- What are the components of a home security system?
- What happens when your home alarm goes off?
- What happens when your security alarm system goes off when you’re out?
- What is an IP security camera?
- Where should alarm monitors be placed?
- Where should I place security cameras for the best protection?
- Which security system is best for my home?
- Who uses a duress alarm?
- Why is my security alarm system beeping?
- Why is security monitoring important?
- Wired or wireless security, which is better?