How long can a burglar alarm sound?
Australian Standards indicate that a home alarm siren should only sound for 5 minutes.
Tips for preventing false alarms
- Invest in a quality alarm system from a reputable company.
- Ensure everyone using the alarm knows how to do so correctly, including what to do if the alarm is triggered.
- Ensure detectors are positioned to reduce false alarms. eg away from curtains, adjusted for pets.
- Carry out regular maintenance and servicing.
- Make sure any adjustments to sensors or wiring is carried out by a licenced security repairer.
Neighbours will very quickly stop paying attention to your alarm if it goes off all the time.
If you are experiencing frequent false alarms it's vital to find out why and have the alarm system repaired as soon as possible.
- Are dummy security cameras worth using?
- Are home security cameras a deterrent?
- Can CCTV cameras work without electricity?
- Can I have a security alarm without a landline?
- Can I have a security system in a house with pets?
- Choosing between Bosch 3000 or Bosch 6000 security system?
- DIY vs professionally installed security system
- Essential features of security cameras to consider when choosing a surveillance system
- How a security system can affect insurance costs
- How does alarm monitoring work?
- How does home security monitoring work?
- How long can a burglar alarm sound?
- How long does an alarm system backup battery last?
- How much does a security system cost?
- How to disarm my security alarm?
- Things you need to know if you're replacing the alarm battery
- What are the components of a home security system?
- What happens when your home alarm goes off?
- What happens when your security alarm system goes off when you’re out?
- What is an IP security camera?
- Where should alarm monitors be placed?
- Where should I place security cameras for the best protection?
- Which security system is best for my home?
- Who uses a duress alarm?
- Why is my security alarm system beeping?
- Why is security monitoring important?
- Wired or wireless security, which is better?